This one goes out to all of our plant based friends! What happens when you end up with excess zucchinis from your garden? You test out some recipes over your Coulee pit, that’s what. This one was delish, and took us under 15 minutes from start to finish! Just chop your zucchini, give it a quick grill and top with honey, goat cheese and fresh basil and you’ve got yourself the perfect vegetarian appie.
- 5 medium zucchinis
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1.5 Tbsp honey
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Remove ends from zucchini and slice into 1/2-inch pieces, lengthwise. Spread sliced zucchini onto a plate or cutting board, and apply salt liberally. Set aside for 20 minutes to allow excess water to drain out of zucchini. Pat dry using a clean cloth or paper towel.
- Heat your grill or grill pan to medium-high. Brush olive oil onto both sides of each zucchini slice.
- Place slices of zucchini onto the grill. Cook for 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway. Zucchini is done when it is tender and grill marks appear. Be sure not to over-cook!
- Remove zucchini from the grill and serve on a large plate. Sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese and freshly chopped basil. Drizzle honey over top and season with salt + pepper, as desired. Enjoy!