Are you in search of the perfect side dish to compliment your main course? Well look no further because we have you covered with our latest favourite ~ Grilled Mexican Street Corn!
The first time we tried street corn was on a family trip to Cabo four years ago, and although this recipe isn’t quite as authentic, we still think we knocked it out of the park! Made simply with just 8 ingredients…corn, sour cream, mayo, cilantro, garlic, chili spice, cheese and limes! Elevating your corn on the cob doesn’t get easier than this!
- 8 medium ears sweet corn husks removed
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon chili
- 2 teaspoons lime zest from one lime
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice from one lime
- 1 cup cotija cheese crumbled and divided
- Additional chopped cilantro for garnish
- Lime wedges to serve
- Start fire, husk the corn
- While the fire is getting started, mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro, garlic, chili pepper, lime zest, lime juice, and ½ cup of the cotija cheese. Taste and season with salt, if needed.
- Grill the corn by placing the husked corn directly onto the grill. Grill for about 10 minutes total, turning every 2-3 minutes until the kernels are lightly charred on all sides of the cobs. Remove from the grill to a large baking dish or plate.
- Using a brush or spoon, slather each ear of corn with the sauce, then sprinkle with remaining crumbled cojita cheese. Sprinkle with additional chili pepper and chopped cilantro and serve with extra lime wedges, if desired.