Not to be corny, but this recipe is really poppin’ off. Ok enough puns from us, but who knew making popcorn over the fire could be this easy? Not us! All you need is a disposable tin pan, some tin foil, kernels and cooking oil. We decided to try out a garlic parmesan flavour, but the options are endless when it comes to spices. Grab your friends and let’s have a movie night in the backyard!
- 2 tbsps popcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp ground parmesan cheese
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley OR dill
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Cover bottom of tin pan with vegetable oil
- Add popcorn kernels and cover with tin foil
- Listen for the popping to stop
- While the popcorn is popping, make the seasoning mixture by combining the Parmesan, garlic powder, parsley, and salt. Mix to combine and adjust seasoning to taste.
- When ready to serve, lightly drizzle the popcorn with oil and stir to coat. Immediately sprinkle the seasoning on the popcorn and stir again to coat.