If you’ve ever participated in a game day, chances are there was buffalo chicken dip at the gathering. It’s a sure to please fan favourite, and the best part? It is SO simple to make. Trust us, this is one you can’t mess up. Just toss your ingredients in a bowl, mix them, transfer to a cast iron skillet and watch the cheese start to bubble over the fire. It’s that easy! Serve with crackers, chips, celery or whatever floats your boat, because let’s be honest, this dip is so good those crackers are really just a vessel.
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded or cubed
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 teaspoons dry ranch seasoning mix
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1½ cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles, optional for topping
- green onions, optional for garnish
- Start your fire
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, buffalo sauce, cream cheese, ranch seasoning mix, sour cream, and shredded cheese. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a fire safe skillet
- Transfer the skillet to your coulee fire pit and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is hot and bubbly. As always, cooking time is dependent upon your fire/flame.
- Stir well before serving.
- Sprinkle the dip with extra cheese and green onions (optional). Serve hot with chips, celery or your choice of vessel!